Friday 28 October 2011

Funky India

Many people is asking me why do I keep returning to India. Is it yoga? Spirituality? Food? I found a sentence that I can use as an answer just a few days ago in the book I'm reading for the third time this year. 

"If we were to calculate the average time per day different populations of the world spend smiling, Indians would rank top of the list." (Patric Levy)

And since smiling is contagious, India is a nice place to be.

And if you look closer to India's great movie/ music/ marketing production, you can get at least a glimps of why this nation is so funky. Here is just a few examples that always makes me laugh and remind me why I love India so much. Enjoy:)

First video is the ultimate movie scene in the world! Action at it's best!


Another brilliant action scene, even better then The Terminator. It's worth your time for sure. In the land of mystics and superpowers, everything is possible.


Let's stick to the superheroes. Indian Superman? Indian Spiderwoman?



Well, the next superhero has to be Indian Michael Jackson.


Love. Life. Death. Eternity. Super funny commercial video that includes some ethnological education as well.


And of course let's not forget Benny Lava, a superhero of dance. Maybe this is the funkiest song in the world and it dangerously raises the level of happy hormones. Be aware:)


But Indian superheroes don't live just on big screens. They are real. This is the video of a flying yogi, filmed in Tiruvannamalai. He flies like a rocket:) Even better than Superman. 


While I was working on this blog entry, I realised something. It is about spirituality. As Swami Sivananda said: "A good sense of humor is a sign of spititual growth." And of course, all these superheros... How did they attain their powers? It must be yoga:)

No comments:

Post a Comment