Tuesday 18 October 2011

Tokyo indie part 3

And this is the third part of a video selection of my favorite bands from the Tokyo indie scene. Check the following links to see the first two parts. http://zanacaroline.blogspot.com/2011/10/tokyo-indie-part-1.htmlhttp://zanacaroline.blogspot.com/2011/10/tokyo-indie-part-2.html

Many compare Puffy Shoes with their more famous sempais Afrirampo. But some songs remind me of Coco Rosie, which is quiet the opposite. A wonderful band to watch. And it always amused me how one of the girls' boyfriend looks exactly like my ex roommate Rok. How can the same face appear on the other side of the world? I guess it's true that we all have doubles somewhere...


I don't know how long Milla and the Geeks exist but I got the impression that they are the new hot thing in town, since everybody talks about them with so much excitement. New or old, they are hot:)


She talks silence is two cool girls, sometimes described as bedroom pop or fuzzy garage rock. I've seen them a few times and it was always brilliant. 


I've only seen Tacobonds play together with Acid Mothers Temple in this crazy psychedelic jam session and they seemed cool. But then I heard this song and I fell in love with it. You hear it once and it sticks to your head and gives you this melancholic but kind of happy feeling. Like autumn or something... 


Anisakis describe their music as alternative noise. Another very inspiring band. And this video is worth your time for sure:)


Frap Frap Fraps is DJ Mince's band. Their music is a chaotic mix of rock and electro. Mince on the guitar and programing and two girls. Cool singer and a cute tiny keyboard player (the previous one was called Petit and the new one is even tinier, but wears super platformed shoes- I really like both of them).


See you at Praha Depart's concert in Slovenia:)

No comments:

Post a Comment